This type of the Indian 13 cards game is designed on the points basis. which is to say each point has a agreed upon value; the total of points at the end of the game multiplied with the points value (minus 15% rake ) ascertains the reward amount.
Objective: The goal of this rummy game is to emerge winner in every round by formulating two runs at least one pure, (without joker) and sets faster than all other players. If by chance this objective is not achieved, the objective would be to bring down points.
- The game is played with 2-6 players for 201 or 101 points
- The normal set of cards has 13 cards from Ace,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, Jack, Queen and King of 4 symbols. This makes the deck of 52 cards and one printed joker.
- The order of play is decided by taking a card each. The highest card plays first and so on
- The joker is determined by taking a card from the stack.
- 13 cards are distributed to each game player and one card is placed open the remaining of the cards are kept in a stack, face down
- The first game player has the option to take up the open card or the top card from the closed down stack.
- Each next in line game player in an left to right direction proceeds with the game
- The participant who succeeds in arranging his cards in an acceptable set of sequences and sets first, wins the game
- Mandatory two sequences one of which being a natural sequence(without joker) is mandatory to win the game
- Points of the losing players are calculated as per the value of the card and as 10 points for all face cards and Ace cards.
- Jokers have no points
- Higher limit points for a contestant is 80 points
Winning strategy: The success strategy would be to form the natural sequence at the earliest by judicious and wise getting of cards for this goal. An alert watch on what cards other game players are picking from the open heap and getting rid of, will provide a idea to the phase of play they are in.